HOW TO GET MY REMOTE KEYLESS TO WORK.

2006 Chevrolet Avalanche • 81,000 miles

My remote key fob is not working. It will not lock or unlock the doors. The panic button doesn't work either. I tried the reset procedure in the owner's manual. I also replaced the batteries in both remotes. This is for a 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche. Any ideas.
Jcsharp

I tmay have gone bad try another one if you have one and see if that works first. It may be a problem that wil have to be scanned by another computer.

I HAVE TRIED THE OTHER ONE AND IT ALSO HAS A NEW BATTERY.

Jcsharp
Have a tech 2 scan this to see what 's wrong then it may be an antenna problem or communication thing. Make sure to check all your fuses in car and underhood.

OK. Thanks

Jcsharp
Another thing you can try at the parts stores like auto zone they have a key fob tester to make sure there putting out a signal. Also I doubt there is a seperate antenna for the key fob all the ones I have seen are internal inside the body control module.