I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL WHEN MY CAR SLOWS DOWN (FOOT OFF GAS) EVERYTIME IT HITS 20 MILES

2006 Cadillac CTS • 42,600 miles

Hello, I recently got my 2006 cadillac cts from a dealer & I am just getting used to the way it drives. I dont know much about cars, & dont know if this is normal- but it dosent feel normal. When I take my foot off the accelerator & it slows to about 20-25 miles per hr (same spot every time I feel it) it feels as through someone is applying the brakes and will feel as though it is auto downshifting by itself; so to speak. I have researched all over the web and cannot come to any conclusions. I thought maybe this is normal or its changing the gear its in. But that seems odd to me. I asked the repair shop at the dealer I bought from (i have a warranty on major problems for 30 days) they said, oh thats normal in the cadillac- it is just a combination of it changing gears (like I thought) & a safety mechanism. I dont know if I believe them. Like I said it almost feels like it could be normal. But then again maybe not. Please help while im still able to get this repaired. Im afraid it could be the start of something major going bad.& Either way cadillacs are not cheap to fix! Sincerely, Rachel G
Rachelkrystina

-No its not-might wanna start by having the dealership check out the brake system-