HEADLIGHTS GOING OFF AND ON

2006 Buick La Crosse • 37,000 miles

I have 2006 Buick LaCrosse - while driving the headlights will go off. Scary at night. I checked the light ****s, ok, nothing could make the lights come back on. I turned the car off and back on, still no lights. I switched on high beams and they work. Switched the highs off, no low beams, dark. Had side lights and tail lights just no low beam lights. Had to drive with high beams on, made alot of people mad, lol. Took to dealer, and of course, the lights were normal. They kept my car for 3 weeks, I told them to please drive it at night, take it home, whatever it takes. Still they couldnt get it to do the problem. Now the lights are going on and off more frequently and cant seem to get to dealer when they are off. They cant seem to find what the problem is. I NEED HELP, its really scary at night. The dealer said they changed the wiring harness but it didnt take care of the problem. What can I do? What can they change to make it work?
Doris Harrell

Did you find out what was causing your problem? My la crosse is doingthe same thing

Reevesrk
My car had this same issue. It cost me $300 to get it fixed. It was some relay that had gone bad. I had to drive home with my high beams on; I made a lot of people angry!

Slzander
I know what the problem is. Thank you GM. After researching I found it to be the headlight relay. But it's not called headlight relay. Under the hood is a relay Box. In their is a relay called HDSM. Thats the Relay. Dealer wants $62.00 for. Checkers wants $38.00.

Rickg26