I FEAR MY AIR SUSPENSION COMPRESSOR HAS FAILED

2006 Audi A8 • 113,000 miles

Last night I parked my car to go into a store. Upon my return I heard what sounded like a fan running in the front drivers side of the car which I have never heard in the nearly 7 years I have owned this car. When I tried to start the car, it made a loud noise presumably from this same unit that was running when the car sat idle. I smelled a strange sweet odor thru out the car. The engine seemed to fun normally. I again shut the car off, and this loud noise continued when the car was off until it finally stopped after about a minute. When I turned the car on again, the ride sensor lights both came on and the could not be raised or lowered. It is stuck in a mid range position. Based on my description, I am assuming that the suspension compressor is fried, and Im not dealing with a fuse or module failure. Would you tend to agree? It was the coldedst night of the year at 12 degrees.
Scottbatey

It may be fried but if the suspension is stuck in position it could be an air leak as well. You'll have to check all the lines for air leaks then check the fuses and relay s for the cmporessor