THROTTLE/PEDAL POSITION SENSOR ISSUE CODE P0123

2006 Audi A3 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 73,000 miles

I have an Audi A3 2006, and I am getting the code P0123 from the computer which is Throttle/Pedal position sensor A Ckt High Input. Can you please help me diagnose this problem?

Here is some history. For the last couple of weeks I had codes P2293, P0171, and P0222 coming on intermittently but especially after I filled up with gas. A friend of mine thought the issue was the fuel filter and we replaced it today. After replacing the filter, I cleared the codes and expected the issues to be resolved. The initial codes have cleared and not returned but now I have the P0123 code and the symptoms that the engine is not functioning properly remain.

Current symptoms: the power to the engine is not engaging when the gas pedal is pressed heavily.
My transmission seems to be okay because I can shift to all 6 gears in automatic, sport mode, and manual. As I start to drive my engine seems to be okay but as I continue to press down on the accelerator pedal I do not get an increase in power although I can hear my engine revving up. While this occurs the rpms increase but not past around 4000 although it sounds like the rpms are higher. I do not experience any shaking or other issues.
Kapattack

Sounds like the sensor on the top of the gas pedal is bad. Do you have digital multi meter? Get back to me and we will see what tests I can walk you through.

Racefan966
I have an Actron Elite AutoScanner, so if that is the same thing then yes : )

Kapattack
Will this do live streaming? It should say on the package or in the booklet.

Racefan966
Yes, the scanner does live streaming.

Kapattack
Ok so plug in and see if it will allow you to live stream the pedal sensors. Make sure that they read the same. See there is usually 2 sensors on the pedal so and if they don't agree with each other as to the position of the throttle then it sets a code. Let me know what you find.

Racefan966