I AM GETTING A PERSISTANT P2626 CODE AFTER REPLACING THE 02 SENSOR

2005 Volkswagen Jetta • 124,000 miles

I have a 2005.5 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L engine code BGP. My check engine light came on a little over a year ago and it ended up being a P0420 code. I took in and was told I needed a new catalic converter. I had it change. A few months later the check engine light came on again. I took it once again to a mechanic and was told it was a P2626 code and the bank 1 o2 sensor needed to be replaced. I replaced the sensor and a couple months later the check engine light again came on. I connected a scan tool and it was again a P0420 code. The catalic converter I had changed a year ago was under warranty so it was again changed a month ago. A few days later the check engine light once again came on with a P2626 code. I reset it then a couple days later another light with a P0420 code. Reset again a day or so later another light with a P2626 code. Now over the last month the light has been on and I continue to reset it every few days and the P2626 code is the only one that comes up. Any advice of the culprit of the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Nickextra

Check/test the B1 O2 sensor wiring back to the computer

What is the B1 wire and how do I test it?

Nickextra
I assum you are referring to the Bank 1 wiring. Is that all the wires coming out fo the o2 sensor (I think there is 6 of them). How do I test the wires?

Nickextra
Did you replace the oxygen sensor with an OEM part?

It was an NTK oxygen sensor. Part number 24324.

Nickextra
Often O2 sensor fault codes are set due the the sensor being out of range of it normal readings and the actual cause is tune related, either being to rich or to lean for what ever reason, the mistake many make is thinking that the O2 sensor is at fault and it is replaced, start checking all tune related items, and if you can get a 5 gas exhaust reading as this will be a big help in finding the actual problem here.

Mhpautos
Bloke, the 5 gas analyzer does a lot of wonderful things that's if the Tech knows how to interpret the readings-

You are right there, I used one for years in my business, that and a good scanner, best diagionstic gear you can get.

Mhpautos
Someone mentioned to me that if it's running to rich to do an upstream test. I am not sure what is meant by this. I previously took my Jetta to the dealer and they said it had a bad catalytic converter. I took it to exhaust pros to have that changed. About a month prior to these problems I took it into the Jetta dealership to have an oil chance done. During that time they said there was a recall on the coil packs. Not even a month later all these other codes started appearing. I am scheduled to take it somewhere else next Tuesday. I will see if they have a 5 gas analyzer.

Nickextra
Running too rich means too much fuel for the amount of air reaching the cylinders. Check the air filter, and the injectors. Also check the fuel pressure.

Rivermikerat