HEATER PROBLEMS

2005 Toyota Corolla • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

2005 corolla S - Heat/heater doesn't work normally. When the car is idling, the engine obviously warms, but doesn't overheat. When I drive the car, the heat immediately works. As I am driving, if I cruise or let off the accelorator, the air get cooler, when I depress the pedal, the heat works.

Fluid seems fine, wondering if it may be a valve or another issue.

Thank you.
Klazarski

I tend to lean towards a partially clogged heater core. But read this info, could also be a bad water pump. How many miles? The post shows 0?

Merlin2021
If both heater hoses comming from the heater core are hot, the blend door is NOT moving, if the inlet hose is hot but outlet is cold, the heater core needs flushing, or replacement. If both hoses are cold, check antifreeze level and thermostat, also rarley but known to happen is the impeller blades on the water pump disolve over time and may not be pumping enough.

Merlin2021