WHY IS 2.5 TURBO VERY DIFFICULT TO FILL WITH GAS?

2005 Subaru Legacy • 86,000 miles

2005 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 Turbo Car is very difficult to fill with gas-very slow and keeps clicking off pump handle. I've replaced EVAP canister already (1 week ago) and there is no servicability on EVAP to outside air vent. This began about 15K ago. It also loses a very small amount of fuel under the tank on pass. Side when the tank is filled. In garage, the smell is strong and stain on floor right in front of RR wheel.
John Peirce

Suspect faulty shut valve

Docfixit
Have you run across this before on a Subaru? I have no CEL which is generally on in the case of lack of venting. I can't find "shut off valve" as being available. There is a pressure valve and pressure sensor, but my understanding is that these are strictly in regards to dispersion of vapors in EVAP canister. I could be wrong.

John Peirce
Check pressure release solenoid jack up near tank see if that is the leak

Docfixit
I must apologize as I did more research and did in fact find the shut valve. It's not listed as such in Subaru but I found someone to send me a diagram and ordered it by part number. They just call it "filler tube valve assembly" so it kind of got lost in the mix. I will install this first and then see if it alleviates problem with filling and also slight leak. If not, I'll be back. Thanks much.

John Peirce
So have to buy filler neck that's just wrong but they own the game and the field

Docfixit