MY HEADLIGHTS WON'T WORK BUT MY HIGH BEAMS AND TURN SIGNALS WORK I CHECKED MY DIMMER SWITCH AND THERES A BURN UP UNATTACHED BROWN WIRE IS THIS MY LOW

2005 Saturn Vue • 120,000 miles

Yup its in the question I'm concerned
Asdfasdf

Please it is so urgent

Asdfasdf
Your above details were cut off I cant read themCan you please explain your question again?

On my way home I noticed a burning wire plastic smell and saw some smoke come out the side of my steering wheel, my low beams stopped working but my high beams and turn signals continued to work, yesterday I removed my dimmer switch and there where 4 wires a red one, two black ones and a brown one the brown one was melted and the melted was burnt and not connected anymore to its place is this the low beams? If so is it as simple as just getting a new dimmer switch? This is @asdasfsd original question

Redcd10
Does your vue have auto head lights or regular head lights?

Not a 100% sure what would be the answer to both, I know if there auto maybe the shortage blew both my bulbs

Redcd10
I have to manually put it in auto mode

Redcd10
So the melted wires are on the dimmer switch not the head light switch?If you have auto head lights it will say auto on the head light switch.

Ok yes theres is an auto feature its one melted wire and the dimmer switch, I looked it up and for some reason it is also called the headlight switch, I looked up both up and they are the same product

Redcd10
I see a light blue wire a pink wire a dark blue wire a gray wire and a black wire. Which one is melted?

I only see two black, one red and one burnt off brown one, I think there are two types of, I have looked up the parts and they offer two one that has only the wires I describe and another that has the wires you describe I'm not sure but I think that one also controls other things as well as the lights

its an 05 saturn vue

Redcd10
Page 1 of 3