TRANSMISSION DOES NOT GO INTO THE D OR 3 ON THE COLUM SELECTOR?

2005 Saturn Relay • 97,000 miles

My van will not go into the drive gear when the selector handle is moved into d or 3. The car will shift into R and will shift into 1 or 2 but the card does not shift into D or 3. I have no clue what this can be any idea what this could be?
Jwprice007

So while driving the transmission wont shift into 3rd or fourth gear?Any codes?

When you phiysically move the selector handle on the colum to put the car into gear to move the car the car does not reconize the D or 3 on the selector switch to put the car into gear the car shift into once it takes off but not at first

Jwprice007
Do you have any codes in the computer?Have you checked yet?

No codes on computer did however take it to the trans shop and found out it was the selector switch and so I just had them completely rebuilt the trans new clutch pack new every thing I did inspect there work and they recorded the entire breakdown on the trans for me so all is well and fixed sorry for the long delay for the response just been real busy.

Jwprice007