WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE RADIO

2005 Saturn Ion • 86,000 miles

My radio has stopped working today, it worked fine last night. It comes on but there is no sound and I can't change any of the channels, and I can't turn it off. The CD player also is not working. I know this isn't something that is real important, but I drive 45 miles one way to work each day, without my radio the drive is very boring. I added oil last night & some did spill on the sides I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Thank you!

Iastace

I would try pulling the radio fuse and then re fitting and re enter the radio security code (if used) does the display show any display at all?

Mhpautos
Everything lights up, it shows the time, station, pre-sets etc, but there is no sound, the buttons to changes staions, the on/off, CD on/eject are not working. It worked just fine last night on my drive home, I had no problems at all.

Iastace
I will see if there is an amp with a separate fuse, I will post back soon.

Mhpautos
There is an Amp fuse No21 check this as if the amp fuse is blown, this will give you these symptoms.

Mhpautos
Just to add to this one there is a bulletin for the cd player inop and reseting the radio on that car.I have seen a lot of different saturn models with the radios inop and I reset them and they worked fine after that.I posted part of the bulletin showing the two fuses you pull for ten mins to reset the radio. One fuse is in the inside fuse box drivers side and the other one is under the hood fuse box. Give that a try and let us know what happens.