BODY WORK

2005 SAAB 9-3 • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 56,000 miles

I own a 2005 Saab 9-3 with 56,000 miles on it. I recently had the misfortune of striking a deer carcass on the interstate at 70 mph. Luckily, my car is built like a tank and the most serious damage that was done was I lost a chunk of my left fender liner and cracked my right fender liner around the lower bolt holes that attach it to the lower spoiler. My mechanic has told me that I will need to replace both fender liners, my lower spoiler on my bumper, and my lower engine guard. All in all, the total repair cost is around $535 incl labor. I have looked at the fender liners and it seems to be pretty easy to just unscrew the bolts holding them in place and just remove the tires to take them out and put the new ones on if I just went and bought them from my mechanic. It would help save me some money Is this something I could accomplish on my own or should I just leave it to my mechanic? If so, how would I take off my fender liners to put the new ones on?
Eblomb1

I would get the mechanic to do this as well as checking for any suspension damage and getting the alignment checked, hitting anything on the road can knock out the alignment and if not checked the fist signs that you may get that something is wrong is a scrubbed out tyre.

Mhpautos