AIRCONDITIONES PLUGS

2005 Pontiac Vibe • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 65 miles

Airconditioner plugs leaking through firewall onto floor in front of passenger seat, 2005 pontiac vibe.
how to find where they are?
Filzoni

Plugs? There is a condensation drain that protrudes through the firewall that is likely plugged up assuming this is clear water leaking and not coolant, in which case it would be a leaking heater core.

Wrenchtech
Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, it's clear that it's water that is leaking from the air conditioner into the passenger area, not coolant.

Further examination (after pulling the rug back) revealed a hole in the floor board (approximately 1-1/2"in diameter), which (more or less) lined up with a nipple or extension at the bottom a small tank above. The tank(?) Is between the glove box and the firewall).

1) is this a good description of the bottom of the condenser drain pan with a nipple/extension protruding down?

If this is the condenser drain pan, there is no drain tube present.

2) if the tube is missing, what size rubber tube (or GM part#)
do I replace it with?

Considering that the drain tube will have to have approximately 1/4" internal diameter to fit the bottom of the drain pan, I would expect the outside diameter to be in the range of 1/2 and 3/4".

3) since, the hole in the floorboard is 1-1/2", so what kind of seal is there between the drain tube and the hole in the floorboard?
Or, is there no seal, and the tube passes through the floorboard hole without contact?

I don't expect this is relevant, but the car has 65,000 miles
(65K was originally reported). I believe all the 2005 vibes have
1.8L engines.

Filzoni
Some of them the plastic housing itself will protrude through the hole to the outside to drain and some have a rubber hose attached to the nipple carrying the water outside. I suggest you contact the dealer and determine what is missing and they can get it for you.

Wrenchtech