WILL NOT START!

2005 Pontiac Montana • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana, the other day my wife and two girls took it out with a very low gas tank. It was below empty. I always told them they have to make sure there is at least half a tank of gas because with cold winters doesn't help at all. They didn't go very far and it stalled. I went to go and put some gas in the tank. Even then it wouldn't start. So I thought give it time, I got it towed home and left it over night. Now when I try to start it, it turns over but doesn't start at all. Any idea what could be wrong? Is it the fuel injectors? It just doesn't seem to accept the gas that's there. Thank you so much for your time.

Tony
Tony_B1

In tank fuel pumps are cooled and lubricated by the fuel in the tank. When you run a car out of gas, it pumps a lot of air through the pump which overheats it and causes some severe wear and many times, failure when they cool off.
You will need to use a fuel pressure gauge to verify this

Wrenchtech