STARTING PROBLEM

2005 Mitsubishi Galant • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 67 miles

I have a mitsubishi Galant 2005, there was water draining from the freezer compartment there is a transister below this freezer compartment which was dipped in ac water because the draning system was blocked.

after cleaning this I have a problem in starting I have to try 4-5 times to start it plz advise me what could be the problem
Smile0982003

Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing