HEADLIGHTS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS I PULL BACK ON THE FLASH LEVER. CHECKED FUSES AND REPLACED HEADLIGHT SWITCH. STILL NOTHING

2005 Mercury Marquis • 110,000 miles

Checked headlight fuse and replaced the headlight switch but still no headlights
Rogermc68w

Maybe an issue with nultifunction switch/dimmer? In the diagram the gray wire is voltage for high and low beam, comes from the light module. Any applicable trouble codes?

The parts store said there meter would not indicate unless a warning light was on

Rogermc68w
Usually that isn't correct. If you have an inactive code, it would still be there, unless the code was manually erased or a certain number of drive cycles was completed. I'd have to double check that on your year--make and model.

I gave you a diagram.

Check headlight relay in the fuse panel under the hood. Your owners manual should tell you which one it is. When you pull back on the flasher it runs through a different relay. The headlight relay is a common item and most automotive stores have them

M_H_RITZEL
The owners manual doesn't show a headlight relay. Looked it over pretty good but could not find it. Sorry to be so much trouble but it has really got me flustered

Rogermc68w
No problem, I will check on it. There might be a diagram of the relays on the inside top of the fuse panel under the hood of the car on the drivers side

M_H_RITZEL
I looked at a marquis GS w/drl, no relay that I can find.