NO OR VERY LOW INTERIOR LIGHTS

2005 Lexus RX 330 • 57,000 miles

When we open the front doors there is almost no light and there are no lights on shift indicator. At night can't see what gear I am in. Is there anything that we can do?
Lou.seddelmeyer

There is either a problem with the two seperately by coincidence or more than likely a shared ground may be bad. A bad ground can be looked at a a resistance to the flow of electricity casuing the low lighting. The fact that only two lights are affected is unusual as grounds are genrally shared by several somponents. You may notice ovetime, if un checked, that other electircal issues start to happen.

AS far as the dome light, check the door switches as well. They are usually near the door striker that holds the door closed. Look for a sliding or push in type switch. With the door open, so the light is on, move switch to see if you have found the proper switch. Check it for play or corrosion. After checking grounds you may need to replace it if it does not improve.

I am including a diagram of the location of switches in your vehicle. I had to break it into a top and bottom to make it large enough to read. I also am giving you three diagrams of ground locations. More than likely the one of the, "Dash" area will be the one you want to concentrate on.

I hope this information helps.