LAREDO 4+4

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 156,000 miles

I have a 05 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo when I bought it everything was fine the oil was good just the other night my wife drove it to the store and told me the oil light came on so when I checked it there was nothing on the dip stick so I got under it and could not find it leaking anywhere it was dry it's like it disappeared so I went and got all new oil and filter and changed it when I drained it only about a quart came out and now I noticed that there's a lot of moisture in the tell pipe it drips water when it's running it don't smell like oil or anything it just smells like water I never noticed it before so please let me know what you think please
Lizryals

SO. YOU'VE BEEN CHECKING THE "COOLANT" AND "OIL" LEVELS WEEKLY AS PRESCRIBED IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL. As prescribed in might near every vehicle's owner's manual!

SUPER DOOPER LUBE GUY TOUCHING IT EVERY 4500 MILES OR 3 MONTHS. IS LIKE MISSING 11 DIPSTICK CHECKS. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN IN JUST ONE DAYS TIME, A ROCK COULD KNOCK A SMALL HOLE IN YOUR PAN. AND YOU "PICK UP ON IT" 3 DAYS LATER ON SATURDAY (THAT'S MY DIPSTICK DAY FOR MY 4 RIGS). YOU NOTICE 1/2 A QUART OF OIL HAS DISAPPEARED SINCE LAST SATURDAY. AFTER SOME INVESTIGATING, YOU HAVE JUST SAVED YOUR ENGINE!

OVER WHAT PERIOD OF TIME/ MILES HAS THE OIL DWINDLED DOWN TO THIS LOW LEVEL?

D'JU CHECK THE COOLANT. DOES IT HAVE OIL IN IT?

HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING WHITE/ BLUE/ GRAY SMOKE?

CONDENSATE OUT OF THE TAILPIPE IS NORMAL. NORMALLY IT WILL STOP DRIPPING SHORTLY AFTER REACHING OPERATING TEMPERATURE.

. IF IT DON'T, AND DOES IT CONSTANTLY, EVEN HEAVILY YOU MIGHT HAVE A HEAD GASKET ISSUE

THERE AGAIN, KEEPING UP WITH THE COOLANT LEVEL WEEKLY, MIGHT ALERT YOU TO THE RADIATOR JUICE DISAPPEARING TOO

HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY POORER ENGINE PERFORMANCE?

IS THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?