JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee • V8 4WD Automatic • 113,000 miles

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the engine light has come on. Prior to this, the mechanic(s) replaced my water pump which had gone out. 6 months later the engine light comes on, I look and see coolant on engine parts and an empty reservoir. I returned the car to the mechanic, they ignored my observations and determine the ignition coil and spark plugs needed to be changed. After this was done, I picked up the vehicle and two hours later on comes the light. This time the mechanic claims the headers may have to be replaced and the cylinders aren't keeping coolant from leaking into the engine which is causing the spark plugs to misfire. Now this is why the engine light comes on. I believe they made an error with the cooling system and are trying to disclaim that as being the reason for the deficiencies I've explained above. I need your opinion/suggestions if possible?
Darwinj3d7

I'm not quite following where your going with this. It sounds like what they are saying is that the vehicle has a blown head gasket now which would have been caused by driving it while overheated. Regardless of what caused the overheating, the driver would be at fault for continuing to drive it hot. Even if they missed an earlier water pump leak, it still should have been stopped when the temp went up.

Wrenchtech