LOST POWER

2005 Isuzu Ascender • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

2005 isuzu ascender. On long trips on interstate, car would lose some power(still runs, but little power), would be fine after a couple of minutes. Now is continual problem. Changed air filter but not much help. What should I check next?
Papadc

I would check for codes and restricted exhaust to start with.

Verify the fuel pressure and comeback with the readings-we start here

How much of a chance could it be the catalytic converter?

Papadc
I dont know odds thats why I said do a back pressure test to check for possible cat issues have it scanned for codes and checking the fuel pressure like rasmatz said wouldnt be a bad idea.

Had it scanned last week. Only problem shown was some to do with the engine being 21% but should be around 5 or 6 %(or vice-versa). Sound familiar?

Papadc
Old code was something to with something "below threshhold". Had it erased & it hasn't come up again

Papadc
That really doesnt ring a bell 21 percent of what?Throttle postion?Dont really know need more details about that one. How checking the fuel pressure and back pressure?

P0420

Check the Catalytic Converter if its clogged-up by doing what Sat9 suggested on backpressure test of the exhaust system-

Would have been helpfull to have known the exact code number it was.

Not sure. Idles fine, doesn't skip. But when I press gas pedal a little hard, it doesn't want to go. If I ease into the gas it will evenually get to normal speed

Papadc