IDLE TOO FAST

2005 Hyundai Getz • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

I had my timing belt changed on Monday and now my 2005 Hyundai Getz 1.5 Auto is idling too fast. What can I do?
Mart.Majick

This may be a simple vacuum leak, get the mechanic who did the belt to check it for you, if it was like this from picking it up, they have to fix it free, as it should not be doing this after such work.

Mhpautos
Apart from the fast idle, if there are no performance issues, check for vacuum leakages due to dislodged hoses.

There are no performance issues other than the high idle. I will take it back to him tomorrow to get checked out. He did admit that he had never worked on a Getz before. After he had completed the work. Hmmm

Thanx heaps!

Mart.Majick
Let us know how you get on, thank you for using 2car pros.

Mhpautos
Hi Guys.

I took my car to the mechanic today. He checked all vacuum hoses and said there was no leaks. He adjusted the throttle to no effect. He cleaned the throttle casing(?). But still no relief. Still idling too high.

I'm going crazy. Any other ideas?

Mart.Majick
I would say it is a faulty idle control motor, see pic for a view of a ICM, it is mounted at the throttle body.

Mhpautos
Hi again.

Its all fixed now. It was a sensor attached to the back of the idle control motor. It had come loose. So timing is back to normal, and car in running beautifully again.

Thanx so much for your help. Without you, I wouldnt have known what to get him to check. So thanx again!

Mart.Majick
Good result, thank you for using 2carpros.

Mhpautos