KEY WILL NOT TURN, IS IT THE CYLINDER LOCK OR IGNITION SWITCH?

2005 Honda Odyssey • 150,356 miles

It started a few days ago, I jiggle the key and turn the steering wheel until it turned. Now the key will not turn at all. I want to know if it is the cylinder lock or ignition switch. How can I check to find out?
Bcmullen95

Did you try some lube?

Fixitmr
Try any other keys?

Fixitmr
Lock cylinder problem is fairly common issue. You can get it repaired by a locksmith.

Fixitmr
Tried lubrication and it is still won't turn. I can't find any other keys to the van just the one key. From the research I have done aren't these a common problem with the odyssey's and the whole cylinder lock has to be replaced?

Bcmullen95
I read on net a smith can replace the tumblers.

Fixitmr
Do you have a link, I heard the same thing but nothing confirmed.

Bcmullen95
Have you called any smiths?

Fixitmr
One of the tumbler was bent and a lock smith replaced the tumbler for $65. Cylinder lock now turns.
On a separate issue my a/c fuse keeps blowing, if the expansion valve is bad can it prevent the refrigerant from circulating through the system. Has new compressor and new receiver/ dryer. Does this vehicle have an inline filter?

Bcmullen95
Will it blow the fuse as soon as you turn on the a/c. Ohm out the clutch the speck is 3.9 to 4.3 ohms @ 68 f. See attachment

Djcl
The fuse blows sometime ofter the car is running and the a/c is on. It takes a little while for it to blow.

Bcmullen95