TPS FAULT FOR 6 MONTHS

2005 Honda Jazz • 44,100 miles

I have a honda jazz 54 plate, the engine management light (yellow|) comes on intermittently, My local garage said the code shows tps fault they think but werent overly confident but cost be approx be 600+, it then cleared itself but after a couple weeks started showing the light again, took it to honda, told them its the tps and could they fix it or quote for the job, they said light off now, prev code shows TPS, drives ok so just pay 80 diagnostic fee and dont worry ! Next day light back on rang honda, they said id need to bring it back for another diagnositc at 80 fee again as may be another fault and yesterdays fault didnt exist as it was fine?. I have now paid 3 x the fee to be told its driving ok. Its NOT ok, as the light is regularly coming on still, sometimes it feels as if its heavy to drive - pulling, rev counter doesnt move when this happens, have to drive slowly and with caution but worried I will damage the car further. Loathed to pay another fee when I know the prob is the tps? Please help a woman in distress with no real idea.I just want to fix my car so I know im safe to drive it as the manual says do not continue to drive. Thanks
Shal 73

To test the tps you will need a grafting meter. There should (a 5 volt ref one of the three wires and one should be a good ground and the other will change voltage as yoy open the throttle. About.D to 4.9 volts. That's the one you will want to graff. And look for voltage spikes or drop outs.

Djcl
Thats great but doesnt mean anything to me im afraid. I could pass it on to the honda garage though. Does it sound like the tps to you, ie the lack of oomph when im driving, the counter not showing the revs?

Shal 73
A bad tps will not afect the tach. Un less its keeping you from reving the engine. But I would gess its a bad tps or wires back to the ecu.

Djcl