HOLDEN ASTRA THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

2005 Holden Astra • 105,000 miles

I have noticed that the engine temperature in my car (2005 Holden Astra) has been rising quicker than I am used to when I first take off. Within a few minutes it will rise to about 83C and then drop a little bit, but will be maintained at about 83-88C (roughly) for the rest of the drive. Fan kicks in routinely at 90C and always has. The other strange thing is that driving on a freeway, it used to drop down to 80C once I got going, but now stays at 82/83C for the whole drive. Not sure if it was running unusually cold before and is now normal, or if the change has been something to worry about. Topped up coolant the other day as it was very slightly low and no change.
Alexandracerni

It sounds fairly normal, maybe the thermostat is getting a little stick, may be worth flushing cooling system and fitting a new thermostat just to be safe.

Mhpautos