SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM FRONT

2005 GMC Envoy • 5 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 29,000 miles

2005 GMC Envoy Mileage 29,000. I have a squeaking sound coming from the front of the car. And my brakes are making noises already? I thought brakes lasted longer. What do you think.

2CarPros-Archives

It sounds like the front brakes are due for at least a check for brake pad wear. It is important to always have noises checked out before major repairs are necessary because you let something simple turn into a very expensive repair. It could be that you are low on power steering fluid. Have a mechanic inspect your vehicle to make sure.

2CarPros-Archives
If the pads have been replaced recently you might not have used good enough pads, when replacing break pads you want to make sure they have a backing plate on them it stops the noise.P.S front end might need lubed, if noise changes when hitting the breaks then thats what it is for sure, the breaks