CHARGING SYSTEM

2005 Ford Taurus • 150,000 miles

"Check charging system" light came on, found dead battery, bad alternator and a broke serpentine belt. Replaced alternator with a brand new one not rebuilt, replaced belt and battery and a found blown fuse, still receiving "check charging system" message and there is a kind of grinding sound when the A/C isn't on. Any idea what this could be or how to fix it?
Taurus8

The grinding sound may be the clutch bearing in a/c clutch. Hope you changed the tensioner as well as the belt they both should be changed. May be that too.

Possibly but I'm not too worried about that problem at the moment and I already changed the tension pulley and idler wheel. My main concern is that the car keeps saying that the battery isn't charging even after all that. Why?

Taurus8
Check the silly little fuses that's pointed out in pic. That may be your problem.

Ha, silly little fuses. Anyways turns out that it was the whole a/c unit that went bad (even though it would still produce cold air) and it snowballed from there. Thanks for your time and help.

Taurus8