FORD IKON FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2005 Ford Ikon • 90,000 miles

Hi There
I have purchased a second hand ford ikon 2005 jan model, since a few months I experienced that some times may be once a month the engine will not accelerate and wil miss a bit, when I told my mechanic about it he says that it is due to faulty fuel pump, today when I started the vehicle I had the same problem and I drove for 12km at low speed due to the missing and not accelerating. The mechanic says that it is the fuel pump which has to be replaced.
The funniest thing after that when I came down a slope the vehicle is running perfect fine, 2 day ago the vehicle was parked on a slope with the front raised and the rear lower I had the same problem of no acceleration and missing, but when I bought the vehicle on level ground it was perfect.
I do not mind replacing the fuel pump keeping in mind the problem will be solved
Noelwest