FORD FREESTYLE TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

2005 Ford Freestyle • 89,000 miles

I live in Chicagoland. My CVT transmission failed and I went to a transmission shop to repair.
The shop installed a new Ford transmission. The shop cannot get the transmission computer to talk to the engine computer. There is some kind of problem. When I look on the internet there seems to be so many problems with this car. Can you recommend an expert shop to fix this electrical problem in the Chicago area. I have given up on the shop. I already spent $4,000 on the car and it is not running. The Ford dealers seem to want to run away from this car. This problem is not easy to fix from what I see on the internet
Pcouts

Are you still using the original transmission module?
Was this the exact same transmission?

Wrenchtech
The shops claims they purchased a new module. The shop claims the firmware is correct for my 2005 Ford Freestyle. The shop purchased a new CVT transmission from Ford.

Pcouts
It has to be programmed with your VIN# before it will communicate.

Wrenchtech
The shop tried to program the controller. No success. Then the shop took it to a Ford dealer and the dealer tried to program it. No success. Still it does not work at all. The engine is just reving and the transmission makes a shifting sounds. The tech at the transmission shop just turned the car off immediately becuase of the programming.

I am just out $4,000 grand. I need to find another transmission shop to fix it. The Ford dealer I took the car to is covering for the transmission shop. Do you know a good shop in Chicago area that can finish this project. I need someone I can trust. It's been a nightmare. From your email I am worried. It sounds like I have the wrong transmission or the working controller. Should $4,000 covered this project?

Pcouts
I'm in Florida. Can't recommend anyone. You may just have a bad TCM

Wrenchtech
Would you provide me with a link where to buy TCM for 2005 CVT Ford Freestyle. Thanks for all your help and consideration.

Pcouts
Your local Ford dealer is the only place I will recommend.

Wrenchtech