AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFTING HARD INTO GEAR.

2005 Ford Focus • 10,500 miles

We have a 2005 Ford Focus with 2.0 engine and automatic transmission. Has about 105,000 miles on it. While driving the transmission started to shift hard into 2nd and 4th gear. We had to pull over and it didn't seem to want to go anymore, so had it towed. Had a repair shop check it and they said that the radiator had lost fluid and car overheated and caused the transmission to go bad and warped the valve body inside the transmission, so it needed to be rebuilt. It still had some water in the plastic radiator fill tank on the passenger side fender. I also never notice any sign of leak or tempature gauge going up, it was normal when we pulled over to side of road. It seems to me that if the car got that hot to warp the valve body in transmission that it would have also caused the motor to also go bad. Also it seems that it would have had a check engine light on and it would read a code out when it was connected to a code reader to the computer in the car wouldn't it. I am not so sure I believe what they are telling me. I did ask someone about it and they said that if the car really got that hot it would have ruined the motor and would have read codes out on a code reader. I hope you can explain this to me. My wife and I can't afford to get took.
Larry Andrews

Get a second opinion. The explanation doesn't sound logical.