CAR IS IDLING ROUGH. SHAKES TILL I GIVE IT SOME GAS AND HAS ALWAYS SHOOK OVER 65MPH. COULD THIS BE A TIMING BELT ISSUE? ANY OTHER GUESSES?

2005 Ford Explorer • 131,000 miles

Problem started after a long road trip. Also after the trip I noticed a strange noise you can hear at low speeds especially when turning left. How much do timing belt replacements cost for 05 explorer. Ballpark? Is it necessary to replace water pump to? Car has 131000 miles and I need it to be family car for another 4 years. Is it dangerous to drive for a while cause I don't have a lot of $ for repairs till about another 3-4 weeks?
Steve fox

Start with a compression test to verify motor is ok.

Engine is equipped with chains so no timing belts to replace. Is the MIL indicating?

You could have a misfiring and I would suggest starting with the spark plugs and related components.

As to the noise while turning, it could be the drive axles or brakes. You need to locate the source.