FUEL RAIL CODES

2005 Ford E-Series Van • 115,000 miles

Van running rough and stalling at red lights check engine light on. Checked codes they were fuel rail codes. Changed fuel filter (it was
nasty)put 10 gallons in tank and added sea foam. Ran it on the highway 40 miles and still running rough when coming to stops. Could it be clogged fuel regulator? Injectors dirty? I think I got some bad gas.
Kohllink

What trouble codes are you getting?

I went to the advanced auto to get scanned. The desk person told me all the codes were fuel rail. I can bring it back there tomorrow and get the code numbers.

Kohllink
I would need the trouble code to understand what is wrong.

I got them PO191 and PO308

Kohllink
P0191 is the Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit performance.

Possible causes are : 1. High fuel pressure.
2. Low fuel pressure.
3. Faulty FRP sensor.
4. Excessive resistance in the circuit.
5. Vacuum leaks.
6. Low or no fuel.

There are quite a number of cases whereby the problem is resolved by replacing the fuel pump. Before doing that, test the fuel pressure, at idle, under full acceleration and highway driving. If the pressure is not consistent, quite lilely you have a faulty fuel pump. You mentioned replacing the fuel filter, I understand some models have a double filter, were both replaced?

Recheck the filter to see if it is dirty, hope it is not caused by too much dirt in the fuel tank.

P0308 is a misfiring with cylinder # 8. If it is only this particular cylinder that is misfiring, you would need to check the ignition coil, fuel injector and spark plug.

Changed the plugs and the code troubles po308 and po191 cleared. The check engine light was still on with a new code Fuel mixture to lean. Cleaned the throttle body good. The van ran rough for about 50 miles or so and the check engine light turned off and the van ran good again! Thanks for all your help! Mission accomplished!

Kohllink
You're welcome.

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.