DODGE STRATUS SENSOR PROBLEM

2005 Dodge Stratus

My wire on my crank sensor is torn. Is that whats stopping my car from cranking?
Mzyung30

Cranking is starter action. Are you saying the starter won't crank? The crank sensor doesn't have anything to do with starter motor circuit. The crank sensor could keep it from starting.

I was curious because my battery light had came on in my car and it was still running fine for about 2 days. Then on the 3rd day it started shaking my whole car. Then later that night I was leaving the parking lot and my light were getting dimmer & dimmer, then my car shut off. I got a boost back home so I could try & see wat the problem was. I tried to start the car again and it wouldnt crank it just kept clicking. So when I looked under the hood I noticed that my wire on the crank sensor was barely hanging on. But sum people say it could be the starter or alternator! Im really unsure!

Mzyung30
Make sure the battery has a full charge. Next, check the charging system. If you have a digital multimeter we can help you do some testing. Also, some of the national brand autostores will check the battery and charging system for you. Some of these autostores will make house calls if you live in the same community as the store.