ENGINE OIL LEVEL IS DECREASING, BUT NO EVIDENCE OF A LEAK

2005 Dodge Stratus • 131,093 miles

Engine oil level is decreasing, but no evidence of a leak. Was substantial and now seems to not be too much of a problem. Maybe a quart every other month. Is this something I should be really concerned about?

No lights have come on, but a few months ago my car was several quarts low. I have made a habit of checking it since then, but it doesn't seem to be that severe anymore. Maybe needing a quart every other month or so. It does get regular oil changes.

I believe it is also leaking from the transmission oil cooler line. It is not burning oil, there is not smoke or oil puddles under my car, just a water like substance that leaked a few times, but hasn't been leaking as of late. I don't know if it is a problem since it seems to be subsiding, but wanted to know if it is major or not before trying to tackle the issue.
Gordon678

It could be burning it

check this link

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/blue-smoke-from-engines-exhaust

If its not burning in the cylinders and the leak is on the oil cooler-start there-might not be leaking that much while stationary but when the engine is under load this is where the oil pump pushes more oil through out the lubrication system-