DODGE NEON MECHANIC PROBLEM

2005 Dodge Neon • 120,000 miles

My 2005 Dodge Neon was broken into the other and will not start anymore. Inside was a large chunk of concrete with which they bashed in the ignition. They're wasn't a lot of damage, but you could clearly see how the ignition was misplaced. Also, when I put in my keys, they're was definitely more of a physical effort to turn it. The first several times, the car would crank, run for less than 5 seconds, and then shut off. Now it will not even crank. After asking a few buddies, they've suggested that it may be a security measure put in place after the ignition was smashed. Do you know of any other possible reasons why? Also, would this be something the dealership would have to fix, or would any mechanic work? Approximatly how much would this cost? (Poor college student) Thanks for the help!
Jtaylor96

If you have a manual try resetting your security system any reliable mechanic shop should be able to fix this.