DOOR LOCKS

2005 Dodge Caravan • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 149,000 miles

First noticed power door locks stopped working then the dome light wouldn't come on with the drivers door open now noticed the radio dosen't shut off with the drivers door only checked the plug for corrosion seems fine don't know if it is all tied into the door catch or not any ideas vehicle is a 2005 dodge caravan se
Rodney s

The locks not working could be a number of things. But the radio not shutting off and the dome lights not coming on sounds like the switch on the door isn't working. When the door opens the button in the door jamb should "pop" out letting the vehicle know the door is open. Then when the door shuts it gets pushed back in showing that the door is shut. Since you didn't mention the warning light on the dash as being on and the other symptoms your car is having my guess is that the switch is stuck in which would make the car think your door is always closed(which would explain no dome light for that door and the radio staying on). I suppose the locks could be affected because if the door is open and the keys are in the ignition most are designed to disable the switch till the door is shut. Since all your other symptoms are like the door is shut the lock should work, so maybe the button is bad or the lock has a different problem.

Hahny1
By warning light I mean the light on the dash that comes on if a door isn't fully latched

Hahny1