HI THERE! I WROTE TO YOU THE OTHER DAY ABOUT MY S 998CC MODEL, BUT YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY ANSWER MY QUESTION PROPERLY. I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO ORDER THE OIL FILTER HOUSING/CASING. IS THE ABOVE INFORMATION SUFFICIENT TO DO THIS

2005 Daihatsu Sirion

I made a $3 donation the first time, by the way.
Jabart12

The oil filter base is only a dealer part item and you need to get it from them.

I do not understand why you want to replace this item as it seldom gets damaged, unless the person doing the job overtorqued and damaged it.

If it is oil leak, remove the filter base and replace the O ring behind it and you should be good to go.

Thank you very much for your reply. As I said before, the mechanic who serviced my car told me I need to replace the oil filter casing. Apparently, when he tried to change the oil filter(I think?), He couldn't get it out of the casing. He said it was fused together somehow and he didn't want to force it apart and risk damaging it, as he didn't have a replacement for it.

So, all I'm really asking is, what should I ask the dealer for when ordering this part. Is it enough to ask for an oil filter casing for a Daihatsu Sirion S, 998cc 2005 model. Or, is there some other information they need, to provide me with the correct part/replacement?

Thanks again!

Jabart12
Just tell them you need the oil filter base for your engine. Give them the engine code.

One thing, I think you need a new mechanic. This one does not seem to know what he is doing and whoever installed the filter last had overtorqued it.

I believe you need not replace the filter base. Just remove the filter, get a better wrench to do it and it dhould be good.

If you are not sure, get another opinion.

OK, thanks a lot! You may be right about the mechanic.

Jabart12