AUTO GEARBOX

2005 Citroen C4 • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 17,600,000 miles

Hi, I've got a 2005 C4 petrol 1600 with auto gearbox.

I'm having problems where the auto gearbox sometimes jumps out of gear and jams in 3rd gear either from higher or lower gears. Then I have to stop, switch off engine and re-start to clear.

Sometimes it just comes up on screen "Service". Other times it shows "faulty gearbox". I had diagnostics and download patch to computer chip, but OK for 3 days then returned.

Has anyone got a solution to this before I take it to main dealer again, on a quote of over £300 for pressure valve replacements.
Oeshtiwi

I have exactly the same problem on my C4 2006 1.6 auto with a similar mileage to you.

Have you had any joy yet or found a way to sort out the problem.

I had heard that changing the transmission oil / fluid might help.

Paul

Paul Adam
Hiya

I am just having the solenoids and the oil and filters changed in my gearbox.

My mechanic did say that the local Citroen garage said there was a fault with the auto gearbox for the 2005 to 2007 C4 auto gearboxes. They had had a few and have either done the above (which worked most of the time) or changed the whole gearbox (which I assume was very expensive).

Have you had your sorted yet?

Paul

Paul Adam