CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER BATTERY PROBLEM

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 116,056 miles

I had to disconnect my battery and leave it sit for about 4 hours when I came back to it my climate control box and my radio had no function after re connecting the battery any ideas what this could be? Does it have a lock out mechanism on both? _ have the XL version trailblazer with a boss entertainment system in it
Hillsdunk

You can check the fuses first under the hood and inside, but expect to make an expensive trip to the dealer. GM has cleverly designed in a number of tricks to cost unsuspecting owners money after the sale. Simply disconnecting the battery or letting it run dead leads to computers locking up. They must be unlocked or reprogrammed by the dealer. There is no valid reason to do that except to keep you coming back. Only Volkswagen and BMW have more customer-unfriendly business practices.