CHEVY THERMOSTAT

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 109,000 miles

Where is the thermostat located at on a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Mine is staying open and needs replaced.
Sjfultz

ASSUMING YOUR ENGINI IS THE INLINE SIX CYLINDER ON THE DRIVER SIDE UNDER THE ALTERNATOR, YOU WILL FIND THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING. THE ONLY WAY TO BUY THE THERMOSTAT IS WITH THE HOUSING. YOU'LL NEED A 10mm FLEX SOCKET AND 3 INCH EXTENSION TO EASILY ACCESS THE BOLTS.

RAYMOND
T stat located behind alternater on engine block, must remove alternater to gain access to T stat housing.

PROTECH1980
My 2005 Chevy Trailblazer was put on a computer and said that the thermostat was staying open and needed changed because the temperature gauge was reading 210 degrees. I changed my thermostat along with my fan clutch since you could stop it while running and turn the fan backwards and the temperature is still reading 210 degrees. Any suggestions what else it could be? I bought my blazer with the temperature gauge reading 210 degrees. There are no warning lights on. Now my oil gauge has stop working now also it reads over 80. And the oil is full. I need

Sjfultz
210 degrees is within normal operating parameter, what you more than likely had was a P0128 trouble code(very common issue), and what that is that your PCM detected coolant temp below t stat regulating temp. So youve more than likely solved that problem with new t stat.
As for the oil gauge problem I would have the instrument panel cluster looked at for being faulty. Hope this helps

PROTECH1980