WHERE IS THE AUTOMATIC IGNITION INTERLOCK SYSTEM

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 125,000 miles

Ok so I have full power and my shift indicator reads 3rd gear truck wont start acts like in gear. I cannot even shift into any gear and it is stuck in park. I think it is a neutral safety switch or automatic ingintion interlock. Where do I locate these and how to replace?
Kmelquist

Its the shift interlock solenoid you're looking for-its Inside steering column

It will not shift out of park. The display on the instrument cluster reads that the vehicle is in reverse or switches to 3 gear spot when the vehicle is clearly in park. It also will not let me start it but I have full power to everything Already Tried: stepping on the brake turning the key until all the lights on the dash went on and then start engine and tried to shift out of park. Disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting, trying to start and shift. Rocking car back and forth.

Kmelquist
Check and test the brake switch and also the shiftlock solenoid

Ok got vehicle running I pulled center counsel and exposed the shift base and I found what I think is the shiftlock solenoid. I can press on the shift lock and get vehicle to shift but I shift back all the way to park and it reads reverse but vehicle is in park running. If I pull all the way back slam it up indicator reads park and works fine? Is it shiftlock soleniod or something else

Kmelquist
Try adjusting the gear linkage-investigate

Thank you so much can the linkage be adjusted

Kmelquist