HOW DO YOU RE-ALIGN THE DRIVERS DOOR TO MATCH BODY LINE AT FENDER AND THE BACK DOOR ON A 05 ?

2005 Chevrolet Silverado • 65,000 miles

My drivers door got hit, so I replaced it with another drove from a salvage yard, correct color match. But now the door body line does not match up like the orginal door did.
Dyuane mcnealy

Part of the problem is for doors and sheet metal is that they are manufactured n about 5 differnet plants so they are all a little different. The door has to be aligned weth the rear door if you have one or the rear of the body line. It may never match correctly but you can get it close. You might try shimming on the bottomor top and also try moving with your hands by pulling down or up, but you should weigh over 200# for this. The biggest thing is make sure that it closes well. When yo loosen the hinge bolts just do it slightly andnotreal loose as you want the door to stay in place.

I have already done all of that and it did not help, that is why I am paying a web site to answer my question. I weigh 230 lbs, and have even jacked up the door with a jack to lift it, that did not work. How do you shim the door hinges? The explanation
that you gave me was not good enough for a answer! The front of the door is off by 1/8 inch on the high side and the rear of door is off by more than 1/8 of an inch on the low side. This is a 2 tone truck and the colors are the maroon and silver. It must
match up. The truck is a 4 door crew cab, PLEASE HELP?

Dyuane mcnealy
If this truck wa**** in the frame and not repaired that maybe where your biggest problem lies. If a frameis bent or damaged your sheet metal won't hang worth a darn. If yo are off that far which is quite a bit you will have to try to elonganate teh holes on teh door hinge to try to line it up. It soundsl like the front part of the door will have to go down and theother part go up. So elongating the holes for the door hinge may be your only option. You would have to elongate teh top side to get teh back of the door to go up and front to go down. Where I am talking about is the three bolts that bolt to the body, not hte door. If you haven't messed with those yet, then you may be able to loosen them and try moving it that way before you start to elongate holes.

Remember that this is a 2005 Siverado as stated in the first description, the hinges are welded to the body. Go look at your 03 silverado, you will see what I'm trying to say. And no the door was not hit that hard, it was a hit and run that got my mirror and the door in the body line above the body door moling. The door still opened and closed just fine, the frame was not bent or hurt in any anyway. But I did not want the local Chevy Dealer doing any body work and putting plastic in the door,
plus having soft (green) paint on the door. I have already studied the idea of elongating the door pin holes, but before doing that, I thought I would go to this web site. These answers are no help to me, I have already done everything that has been suggested. Thanks anyway Dyuane McNealy

Dyuane mcnealy
Then check for a bent hinges as they may have bent due to the hiton the door. Those will have to be done by a body shop