TURBO?

2005 Chevrolet Silverado • 101 miles

I have a Chevy 6.5L turbo diesel I was wondering if I could take the turbo off and put it on my truck I'm driving now its a gas 4.3L Chevy silverado or would it even be worth it if so what would I need to change to make it work
Bkaempfe1989

No you can't. Gasoline engines work at a higher rpms and diesel turbos are not designed for such high speeds.

Installing a turbo unit involves a lot of modifications. If you were to retrofit, the pistons and high compression of the engine would be the first to go due to the high boost and increased heat. Injectors and PCM have to be recalibrated to provide the required amount of fuel when boost comes in.

So what would I have to do if I got one from a gas engine I kno pick and pull has them cheap if I found one of the same truck or would it be better just to get a performance chip

Bkaempfe1989
It is not just a matter of plugging it in and it would work. The engine computer has to be replaced and many more other things. An engine replacement is recommended as the standard engine cannot take the pressure and heat increase. Exhaust system has to be changed accomodate the increase of exhaust flow.

Performance chips works but it is not going to be to much of an increase in performance.

Ok thahk you I already have a cai and flow masters but changing out everything like computer and engine is a little more then I want to do do have a good chip to recommend

Bkaempfe1989
Never an easy job retrofitting turbos.