MY AC IS HAVING PROBLEMS CAN I JUST REBUILD COMPRESSOR CLUTCH

2005 Chevrolet Silverado • 10,100 miles

I tried to use AC and it doesn't blow cold but yes it still does blow cold I checked fuse and relay both are good checked for power to compressor and it has power I checked the freon level and its all the way full on the gauge it's all the way in the red but no cold air I can turn the clutch on the compressor easily by hand I also tried to bypass clutch and it didn't work and I do have power coming from my climate control panel on my dash but those lights are burnt on the climate control panel I don't think the matter to the problem I am having but that is everything I am wondering if I do need new compressor or if I could rebuild the clutch a new compressor is about 300 parts to rebuild clutch 10.00 bucks so any ideas or suggestions I need help live in Texas and workoutside I would love to have my arctic air back. Thanks
Bk1989

You're not going to buy a new clutch for $10. A decent one can run well over $100 and the tools required to install it can cost another $100. Most of the time clutches fail due to other factors that usually relate to over pressure in the system. The other misconception you have is that you can tell how much refrigerant is in a system with a pressure gauge. You cannot. Once the system has half a pound or more, the static pressure will remain the same as more is added, It will only tell you if you have sufficient pressure to engage the clutch which is about 50 PSI static. You really need to have this professionally checked and then make a decision on how to resolve it.

Wrenchtech