ALARM

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt • 238,000 miles

My car alarm goes off every time I open my doors. I would like to know how to just disable the alarm system so it stops going off. Can you tell me how to do that? It doesn't always go off but it usually does and I'm tired of hearing it go off especially when I'm out in public. I don't mind just not having an alarm anymore
Haleygrana

On the keyless entry, are you using the unlock button or manually unlocking the door? Also are you manually locking the car or ussing the keyless entry? In the back of you car manual, it will give you the procedure to adjust the alarm and entry inputs.

Seangrant00
I use both. But when I turn my car off I have to click the unlock button on my keys just so the alarm doesn't go off. I can open it manually by sticking the key in and it doesn't go off but I want to just disable it so it doesn't go off. I don't want to always have to click the unlock button cause the car keys don't lock the car. I have to do it manually so I don't always lock it

Haleygrana
Couple things.

Chevrolet said that it does take 2-3 seconds between pressing the unlock button when entering the car for it to process the request.

As far as disabling it, you will have to take it to a dealer, any other way would create a check engine light to come on, (removing a fuse).

You can try this reset on the center display. Change the RKE settings.

When SECURITY appears on the display, press the reset button to scroll through the available settings: RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) (default): The content theft-deterrent system will arm when the lock button on the remote keyless entry transmitter is pressed or when the power door lock switch is pressed.

Seangrant00