CHEVY WHILE DRIVING MY CAR STALLED OUT AND WOULD NOT RESTART AND RUN WOULD START IF I WAITED ABOUT 4 MINUTES BETWEEN CRANKING IT OVER AND WOULD STALL RIGHT BACK OUT AFTER ABOUT 2 SECOUNDS. LIKE IT IS STARVING FOR GAS

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier • 170,000 miles

Fuel light was on and so last night filled it up to 3/4 full. Started up fine and got about a mile from the house and was in the middle of right turn when the car began to stall and then acted like it was going to be fine for about city block and then stalled out and died. When trying to restart the car would turn over and and run for about a secound and then die. Wait for about 4 minutes I could do it again.
Shaffer

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing