4X4 SWITCH

2005 Chevrolet Blazer

I switch my car to 4lo from my house due to snow on the road when I reach the highway at speed of 60 kph I switch it to 2 wheel drive. But the switch light just disappear. After about ten minutes the 4lo light appear and stays on till now. I can not switch back to 2 wheel. Whats the problem? If the 4lo is always on can it do damage to my vehicle? What to do to fix? Thanks
Blazer05

First, if the vehicle is in 4 LOW, you shouldn't be able to go 60 mph. When driving that fast, is the engine reving extremely high? As far as not switching back to 2wd, have you checked to see if there is power to the 4wd actuator on the transfer case?

Sorry I made a mistake I mean 4HI not 4lo. 4hi is always on.

Blazer05
Hi: That is what I was thinking, 4hi and not 4lo. I was worried you were going to blow the engine. Lol As far as the shifting issues, have you checked to see if there is power to the actuator on the transfer case? (This is an electric shift 4wd, correct?)

Yes, electric shift 4wd{push button}. But i'm not a mechanic. How can I check the power? Any advice what to do? If I bring to a repair shop is that a good idea? Thanks

Blazer05
If you unplug the wiring harness at the actuator, you should get power to one of the wires when you try to shift to 2wd. You can use a test light to check or a volt meter.