CHEVROLET AVALANCHE STEERING PROBLEM

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche • 55,000 miles

The cruise control has stopped working. I think it is the switch in the turn signal. How do I replace it and where can I get the part?

Have you done any testing? What about the cruise fuse, check the fuse and check for voltage. Any trouble codes for the cruise control. Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free. To check codes yourself, at the least, you need an obd2 code reader. Hate to see you replace something then find out that didn't fix it.

As far as removing the multifunction switch, there are safety issues because of the airbag. You will have to disarm the airbag and safely remove. Safety is your responsibility. You will have to remove steering wheel, usually requires a puller.
Disable the sir system/airbag.
Remove the steering wheel.
Remove the upper and lower steering column trim covers.
The abrasive sleeve located on the steering column wire harness assemble must be reinstalled. Make note of what connector is coming out of the abrasive sleeve for install purposes.
Remove the wire harness assembly 1 from the wire harness 2.
Dosconnect the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly connector from the sir system coil connector.
Slide the 2 connectors of the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly out of the bulkhead connector 1.
Remove the 2 panhead tapping screws 1 and 3 from the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly 2.
Remove the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly 2 from the steering column tilt head assembly.