REAR SUSPENSION

2005 Cadillac Deville • V8 FWD Automatic • 110,000 miles

Car is riding too low in back end. What do I check?
Tedludwig

Do you have the air ride system?

Thanks. Yes, I used to hear the pump motor run after starting the engine. I have checked the Automatic Level Control Compressor, Exhaust fuse and the Automatic Level Control Compressor relay and both were good. I don't know where else to go from there.
Thanks,
Ted

Tedludwig
There has to be a leak in one of the air shocks or line. Have you checked them?

No I did not check for leaks because I thought the pump motor would constantly run if the system was leaking. Does it automatically shut down if the system has a leak?

Tedludwig
One would think because that would make sense. However, the pump may have burned up as a result.

Got it. Thanks. Can you please tell me where the pump is located and what to check to determine if it is still good? So many fellow drivers are flashing their bright lights at me since the pump quit working. Bums me out to blind on-coming traffic. I may have to adjust the headlights if I can't get this pump thing figured out. Thanks for your advice and insight.
Ted

Tedludwig
Under the hood. Here is a schematic and the location of the rear sensor assembly

Thank you for all the help.

Tedludwig
Glad to help. I just hope it actually gets you to the problem. Let me know how things work out or if you need additional information. I plan to be here for a long time, so I'll get back to you.

Take care and happy new year!