THE CAR HAS NO POWER AND SHUT DOWN AT THE TRAFFIC INTERSECTION/STOP

2004 Volvo XC70 • 108 miles

The oranje engine light got fixed by Volvo(not where I service) and they told me the throttle was dirty and they upgrated the software. The car was fine untill when I took it in for service(where I service) when they managed to bring that light back.I drove it until now when they were changing th timing belt after the camseal leaked. Now the car cannpt idle and there is no power at all. Back to the garage and they said there no communication between EMC and the EMT and they have to replace the EMT which is around $1000.00. Now if there is no signal from the EMC to EMT why change the EMT? What if the EMC is not giving that signal. Also I can start the car and the accel would not work, if I switch off the engine and starts it works fine again. How can somebody help?
Thank
Napo
Napo