VOLKSWAGEN POLO CLUTCH PROBLEM

2004 Volkswagen Polo • 187,658 miles

Hi my name is Calbi, I have a Polo manuel that recently pops up his service ligths and I'm 80km over the service time now it just swith off during driving and it feels like there no clutch and brakes when I'm starting it now, what can be the problem?
Kaydo

Start with checking the brake fluid level. The brake fluid reservoir might feed fluid to the clutch system, if the brake fluid is low, the clutch hydraulic
system can get affected / get air into the system.

If the fluid is low, look for a brake fluid leak at each wheel and all of the hydraulic lines (including the clutch). The clutch system has 2 cylinders, the
clutch master cylinder and the clutch slave cylinder.

The Service light is probably not related to the hydraulic issue. So deal with the loss of brake fluid first.

Thomas

Exovcds
Thanks a lot thomas, appreciate very much!

Kaydo
Once you find a leak, let me know and we can discuss further!

Thank you for replying back!

Thomas

Exovcds
Ok thanx

Kaydo
Hi thomas sorry for replying now, there's no leak at the weels and the brake fluide is normal, I'm buzy changing the oil and filter now and theres a ping sound coming from under the distriabutor, what can the ping sound be? And I have a champion C273 oil filter here is it the right one?

Kaydo
The ping sound starts when I turn the ignition on

Kaydo
We don't have the Polo here in the USA / Canada. I would need the engine code to look up specific information.

Ping sound starts with the Ignition ON: Engine running or still off?

If the ping sound "does not sound normal" or "sounds mechanical" have a Service garage listen to it / look at it.
** If the oil light is blinking, do not run the engine. **

Since the brake fluid is normal, I'm not sure what else you could check, aside for bleeding (flushing) the brake and clutch hydraulic
system. If you have never done this before, let a service garage do it. You could make the problem worse by bleeding / flushing
incorrectly.

Not much I can do over the internet, sorry.

Thomas

Exovcds
I see, but I will let my VW expert have a look and let u know what the problem was. Cheers!

Kaydo